•County Grade Roads
•County Grade Roads
Things are heating up! For the first time in seemingly a long time, the buyer’s are on the move and they are doing what buyer’s are meant to do – buying homes! This is wonderful news for sellers! Finally many first time home buyers are recognizing the great deals this market has prepared for them and continued low rates are stimulating purchases. It may be some time due to market before the market has a whole feels this up tick but things are definitely headed in the right direction! With first home buyers acting now it would appear that the market may remain steady throughout the winter as first time home buyer’s are not usually as driven by the school year or deterred by inclement weather.
All in all I believe the trend is heading towards a steady up tick in the local market. Who know in 12 months time we may look back and realize September-November of 2006 was the low point. Only time will tell! In the mean time tell all your friends to call us about taking advantage of this potential! Enjoy the snow!
Sellers, more than ever, are realizing their need to drop their prices in order to sell their home faster than their competition. While a quick sale is not the goal of every seller, for many the quicker the better. Sales these days fall into two categories:
1. Those who need to sell quickly
2. Those who need to sell for their maximum potential.
In either case the house must be in it’s tip-top shape before entering the market. Why? Because the first impression of the buyer must be “WOW!” and nothing else. If it’s anything else they’ll keep going…..
Okay, so that’s the selling side. What about the buyers? They’re out there and looking hard. This is the time of year when buyers really want to find they’re place before winter. Home selection, like the fall colors, is at it’s peak. For a buyer this is the time to choose and really “buy smart.”
**Buyers – How do you know what’s a good deal and what’s the best way to go from start to finish? Click on the “Search for Homes” link to the right and learn about the best methods.
**Sellers – need more information? Click on the “Discover Your Home’s Value” to the right and follow the instructions.
With now through the Thanksgiving holiday being the second strongest market of the year we are reposting our blog post from Early Spring. This includes an informative outline of what a seller should consider before placing their home on the market.
Before placing your home on the market there are some considerations to make. Think back to when you purchased your home. How did it smell? How clean was it? Did this affect your opinion of how the home owners were keeping up the house? Often, a buyer will perceive what is seen on the surface as a reflection of how well you’ve cared for the house while living there. A clean house with well oiled doors and clean windows and cupboards that close is often perceived as a house that has been well cared for. With that in mind read on….
The Top 5 Steps To Help You Sell Your Home
So you’re thinking of placing your home on the market? Be sure to consider these 5 steps before the sign goes in the yard.
1. Curb Appeal: What does your home look like from the outside? Is it such that a buyer would want to come in? The buyers’ first impression is very important to drawing them to the interior of the home. Make sure your exterior is well manicured; cut the grass, trim the shrubs, eliminate weeds from cracks in pavement, scrub down the front door and wash all the windows. This shows the buyer how well you take care of your home.
2. Clutter Be Gone: Clear entryways and hallways making it easy for the buyers to move throughout your home. Clean off counter tops in bathrooms and kitchens and rid them of clutter. Take good inventory of items that can be given away or thrown away – shoving them a closet won’t help – buyers open closets and drawers too! Speaking of closets, organize them – showing ease of use and plenty of space. If you need to, consider renting a storage unit for off-season items.
3. Hammer & Nail: If there are small items around the house that need fixing correct them. A home that shows it’s been well maintained is received positively. If the cabinet door sticks, or there are areas that could use patching, consider doing these before you let the buyers in.
4. K.I.N.: Keep It Neutral! Paint is one of the least expensive ways to improve the appearance of a space. Buyers these days prefer light, neutral colors. While painting a room will not usually yield a higher sale price it can GREATLY assist in your home selling sooner. Dark paints can make a room look smaller and don’t reflect the light as well and stronger colors can inhibit many buyers from envisioning themselves living in the home.
5. Soap & Water: Cleaning can do wonders for the appeal of your home. Clean carpets, shine wood floors, scrub the tile and wipe down the baseboards –and that’s just the floors! Consider cleaning every inch of the bathrooms and replace the shower curtain if necessary. For the kitchen clean the cupboards and the both the stove top and the oven. When it comes to dusting replace your furnace filter first! Then dust away all those dust bunnies. By replacing your filter first you will have less of a likelihood of the dust returning so quickly.
By following these 5 steps you’re well on your way to having your home prepared. Now it’s time to call us and we’ll walk through the home with “buyer eyes” assisting you by pointing out items that a buyer may notice. Small corrections can go a LONG way!
Labor Day not only marks the end of summer and time to get ready for fall but is a day rich in history.
“Labor Day differs in every essential way from the other holidays of the year in any country,” said Samuel Gompers, founder and longtime president of the American Federation of Labor. “All other holidays are in a more or less degree connected with conflicts and battles of man’s prowess over man, of strife and discord for greed and power, of glories achieved by one nation over another. Labor Day…is devoted to no man, living or dead, to no sect, race, or nation.” to read more on the history of Labor day please feel free to check out: http://www.dol.gov/opa/aboutdol/laborday.htm
Enjoy your Holiday!
3149-302 Poplar Creek Dr
Kentwood • MI • 49512
MLS #: 571046 •
Status: For Sale
Beautiful Kentwood Condo!
Property Sub Type: Condo ranch style
Square Ft: 1220
Bathrooms: 2Year Built: 1995
End unit! This is Poplar Creek living at its best! Beautiful cathedral ceiling condo with large den/study, 2 large bedrooms & 2 full baths. Private master suite hosts private bath, sitting area, 2 large closets & several windows. Covered deck, additional storage area, private main floor laundry room, huge 1.5 stall garage with raised ceilings for extra storage stand out as extras. It’s in move-in condition with fresh paint & clean from top to bottom. Priced below SEV for a quick sale. All appliances remain. Truly an outstanding value surpassing all others in Poplar Creek.
Everyone has been asking me ,”How’s the market? I hear it’s slow.” It is…. for now. That’s the key it’s only temporary. I’m anticiapting a strong fall market (September and October) as there are several buyers out there waiting to make a decision. Here, locally, we’ve experienced a record breaking number of sunny days. Who wants to buy a house on a sunny day when you can go to the beach? Well in this buyers market it would be smart to buy – but most people seem to be choosing the beach until the sunny days are fewer – then they’ll turn their attention to the housing market. Second, over the past 3-4 years many individuals across many price ranges have held back on taking vacations. Now it seems several people are taking those vacations. Meaning the buyers simply are not here enough to make a decision. With the school year and the end of summer on the horizon I anticiapte an increase in activity – so get ready sellers – the buyers are knocking!
Bedrooms: 2Property Sub Type: CondoSquare Ft: 1,162
Bathrooms: 2Year Built: 1998
Beautiful, spacious condo with cathedral ceilings, open kitchen, gas log fireplace, private, covered deck overlooking wooded sanctuary. Master suite includes walk-in closet, private bath and cathedral ceilings. All appliances remain including dishwasher, stove, refrigerator, washer/dryer. Condo amenities also include 1 1/2 stall private garage, and private storage area. Condo pool and fitness area are a definite bonus and conveniently located just down the sidewalk.
1728 Delwood Ave SW
Wyoming • MI • 49509
MLS #: 467439 •
Status: For Sale
Fantastic SW Ranch!
Bedrooms: 2Property Sub Type: RanchSquare Ft: 1418
Bathrooms: 2Year Built: 1950
This beautiful ranch home is sure to please with hardwood floors and new carpeting found throughout. Charm and character are accented by its large windows and great flow. Exceptional living room opens into a large kitchen with seperate eating area and spacious family room with fireplace. Lower level offers full bath with jet-jazcuzzi tub and large rec room along with storage galore! The exterior of the home is virtually maintenance free with newer roof, great siding, a large garage, wonderful shade trees and beautifully landscaped yard. This is truly a must see!
3483 Old Elm Dr. SE
Kentwood • MI • 49512
MLS #: 566692 •
Status: For Sale
Bedrooms: 3Property Sub Type: Condominium- Ranch StyleSquare Ft: 1,947
Bathrooms: 2+Year Built: 1999
Enter your dream condo. Open foyer & cathedral ceilings in living room lead into a gorgeous, private, heated 4 season room (overlooking wooded area). Spacious European kitchen with eating area opens into the dining area. Main floor offers main floor laundry, cathedral ceiling master suite with enormous walk-in closet & private bath, & a 2nd large bedroom with raised ceilings. Finished daylight Lower level offers amazing carpentry beyond it’s price range. Accent moldings, & the fit & finish are sure to impress. Lower level operates as its own in-law apartment with possible kitchenette, separate full bath, large family room, 3rd large bedroom with huge closet, & still room for storage or possible future expansion. This is a must see – hurry it won’t last long!